CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Storytime

Meet the storyteller.
Pancakes, Pancakes
Tiegan and Kennedy are participating in summer reading. Storytime is every Wednesday's and Saturday's @ 11:00 a.m. They listen to 5-6 different short stories. A small snack is served. And a learning activity is done with the kids to extend their reading experience for the day. There is an additional "pajamarama" storytime too. This is every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Oh, and the girls wear their pajamas. So much fun! They also have a summer book club for kids Kindergarten through 2nd grade called, "Food Fun." All of these stories and activities are centered around food, of course. Reading for book club begins at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday's.
Wednesday's at 1:00 p.m.
6/18 Pancakes, Pancakes by Eric Carle
6/25 Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells
7/2 No club this week; 4th of July week
7/9 Miss Spider's Tea Party by David Kirk
7/16 Mice and Beans by Pam Munoz Ryan
7/23 Martha Speaks by Susan Meddaugh
7/30 How are you peeling? by Saxton Freymann
(There are other book club themes for kids:
2nd through 3rd grade- Art Smart
4th through 6th grade- Fantasy and Adventure, Mystery, Nothin' but the Truth .
If you are interested, please let me know.)

Reading is fun!

("Color effects" Photos taken today: June 18, 2008)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shar, this is great, and I love the pictures of your girls! What a great way to make fun learning! You have some lucky girls!

Sharleen said...

Jennifer,

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like the pictures I took too. I did alter the "color effects" a little. But they turned out nice.

I do what I can to make learning fun! They both have such a huge interest into books, especially right now at three and four. AND they WILL sit still long enough to read for understanding. I like it when they ask me questions when I am reading to them. (It also shows me that they are really listening to the words.) Reading is suppose to be fun! I'm such a lucky Mom.