CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Updated post...Carnegie Mellon University Last Lecture

Updated post: Professor Randy Pausch lost his fight to incurable terminal cancer, on Friday, July 25, 2008. Thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children.

Original post June 18, 2008

I am like a "magnet" when it comes to inspirational educational moments.

For those of you not familiar with Professor Randy Pausch, here is some information I obtained from the Carnegie Mellon's website:

Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch is dying from pancreatic cancer (and is married with 3 small children). He gave his last lecture at the University Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium. In his moving talk, “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams,” Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.

"I, like Moses, can see the promise land, but won't set foot on it. And that is okay." -Randy Pausch (Translation: He inspires students and his personal children to seek their "childhood" dreams. He can see them along the way through every step, but won't live long enough to see them attain their goal.)

Letter from the White House

His original "last lecture" is 1 hour, 16 minutes, 26 seconds long. You can view it by typing "Randy Pausch last lecture" on youtube. To view shorter version click here to watch video: http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw


It is very moving and provides perspectives that we can all benefit from.

10 minute reprisal:







P.S. Professor Pausch's up-date: Randy is still with us but he is struggling with complications from chemo. To learn more about him, up-dates on his status, and information about pancreatic cancer, you can visit his website by clicking here: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/


My prayer: You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. My fervant prayer is that you will defy all odds, Lord willing, and live to be a very old man and be able to see your children grow into adults. I admire your attitude and courage, while at the same time, inspired by the spirit you choose to live by on a daily basis. May God richly bless you and your family during this very difficult time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so very sad. He really taught everyone a lesson about dying and how to live your life to the fullest. His family is blessed and will be kept in my prayers. Thanks, Sharleen for keeping me updated with this. I checked his website occasionally to see how he was doing. I am glad to know he is at peace and he lived so proudly!

Sharleen said...

Aprill,
I agree 100%... it is a very sad day. I too had been checking his website. I didn't have a good feeling when I realized that he hadn't posted in a month or so. I knew he was in hospice. His legacy will live on in the lives that he touched by his teachings, his last lecture speech (book), and/or the selfless way he chose to live out the rest of his life knowing that he had inoperable cancer. We lost a great advocate for education!