CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random "stuff"

1. Tiegan and Kennedy have bouncy, healthy looking hair. Trimmed approximately 3 inches off.

2. Swim lessons: Day 3 and 4 postponed and rescheduled due to unhealthy air quality. Drought + Mother Nature= 300 scattered California fires. This fire season is a red flag warning. Smoke, smoke, and more smoke... Thanks Canada, Australia, New Zealand for offering a helping hand.

3. Rafael Nadal beats Roger Federer, the five time Wimbeldon champion, taking home his first Wimbeldon 2008 title. Federer: "Expect the worst and hope for the best. Nadal is the worst competitor to have... I tried everything." GREAT match! Nadal hurdles over spectators, hoists himself onto the rafters where his parents watched the competition; celebrating a long family hug! Priceless moment of victory! (I cried.)

4. Girls night out was a hoot! Laughed so hard it hurt! Literally. Enjoyed the company, sharing stories, cuttin'
up, laughing, roasting Colleen, etc. (Have fun in Africa, Coll!) As usual... A really great time out. Shared several stories with Byron when I got home and he laughed out loud! (Anyone need a back rub?)

5. Byron's new hobby. He is now attempting to bid on ebay for vintage toys that he had when he was a kid; Planet of the Apes, Big Jim action figures, American Justice League, etc. Only to be outbid by a penny. Oh, the nostalgic childhood memories... Someone, please, help me. Will Braden really appreciate these toys, as much as, his "retro" dad did? I know, I know... he now has someone to pass them on too. (Hmmm... RETRO... sounds like our next pet name?)

6. Looking forward to watching the Summer Olympics in a few short weeks, 08-08-08; host- Beijing. GO USA!

7. I bet you can't do this... pull a rib from your vertebrae. Yes, you read that right. That is exactly what I managed to do Friday afternoon. (Oh, so that's what that sharp pain was?) Yowzers! I think it is amazing that chiropractors can pop, push, turn, pull your body back into alignment. The sounds of adjustments sent my feet flying into the air; natural reflexes I guess. It really feels like he put my rib back where it belongs one pop, push, turn, and pull at a time. A little bio-medic ice, skilled hands, electrotherapy, and ice packing to reduce the inflammation and prevent me from favoring one side over the other and I was on my way. Sore, but I feel like a million bucks today! Life goes on...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha You are funny, thanks for the roasting at our last Girls Night Out. ha ha No, really, it was fun. Always great company, conversation, and laughter. Always great to get together with the ladies and have "Girls Talk". Thanks for sending me off to Africa with so much fun and laughter. I look forward to the next Girls Night out. :)